I invited us to try the new Xmas menu at Bill’s restaurants and happily accepted the gifted invite. I had experienced Bill’s before for a birthday party for a sizeable group in the Quays eatery and had put out a fire at their Bullring restaurant in Birmingham on a wild night out.
December 2019 Visit
@aboutglos visited this time on a Thursday evening for a dinner date from the specially set Christmas menu. They welcomed us to the restaurant and shown to our table, which was all lit up with candlelight. A pleasant touch. For drinks, we opted for cider and prosecco throughout the meal, which were all served promptly.
For starter, the smoked salmon appealed to both of us. They served this with beetroot and cream cheese, an interesting and flavourful combination.
For mains we had the special Christmas burger which included cranberry and brie cheese, this was a great burger and thoroughly enjoyed.
The other main was the pan-fried sea bass which they served with prosecco & chive hollandaise, wild garlic rosti and long stem broccoli. Although this was not my main and just tried it, I found this delicious and favourite flavours of the evening.
Christmas at Bill’s Restaurant & Bar
Bill’s Restaurant & Bar has announced their Christmas menus for all restaurants, including Bill’s at Gloucester Quays and Cheltenham. Diners and select from either a Festive Set Menu or on some delicious Christmas Special dishes and drinks. The set menu is available for pre-booking and costs £24.95 for three courses.
The Festive Set Menu and specials will include an array of dishes that use classic Christmas staples with Bill’s twist.
- Smoked Salmon with beetroot salad with horseradish cream cheese and beetroot dressing.
- Smoked Chicken Terrine with winter spiced chutney and toasted sourdough.
- Pigs in Blankets Mac and Cheese – Cranberry topped mac and cheese with green leaf salad and cranberry sauce.
- Beef, Bacon and Brie Burger with fig and cranberry sauce, baby gem lettuce, mayonnaise and fries.
Sides will include Pigs in blankets and everyone’s favourite, Brussels sprouts with baby spinach.
- Christmas Sticky Toffee Pudding with custard
- Chocolate Orange Mousse with a crunchy chocolate crumb.
To quench diners’ thirst, Bill’s have also designed some winter tipples, including;
- The Winter Wonderland cocktail with Aperol, fresh orange juice, Prosecco and lemon sorbet.
- Gingerbread White Russian with Wyborowa vodka, Frangelico, gingerbread syrup, milk and cream served with a mini gingerbread man.
Bill’s In Gloucestershire
- Bills Gloucester Quays, 71-72 Llanthony Road, Gloucester GL1 5SH.
- Bill’s Cheltenham, 70 Regent St, Cheltenham GL50 1HA.
for more information about the Christmas or regular menus visit their website https://bills-website.co.uk/
Disclosure! Some links on this website are affiliate links and if you click one of them, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for visiting!