We were invited to try the new Xmas menu at Bill’s restaurants and happily accepted the invite. I had experienced Bill’s before for a birthday party for a big group in the Quays eatery and had put out a fire at their Bullring restaurant in Birmingham on a wild night out.
December 2019 Visit
@aboutglos visited this time on a Thursday evening for a dinner date from the special set Christmas menu. We were welcomed to the restaurant and shown to our table which were all lit up with candle light, a nice touch. For drinks we opted for cider and prosecco throughout the meal which were all served promptly.
For starter the smoked salmon appealed to both of us. This was served with beetroot and cream cheese, an interesting and flavourful combination.
For mains we had the special Christmas burger which included cranberry and brie cheese, this was a great burger and thoroughly enjoyed.
The other main was the pan fried sea bass which was served with prosecco & chive hollandaise, wild garlic rosti and long stem broccoli. Although this was not my main and just tried it I found this delicious and favourite flavours of the evening.
Christmas at Bill’s Restaurant & Bar
Bill’s Restaurant & Bar have announced the their Christmas menus for all restaurants including Bill’s at Gloucester Quays and Cheltenham. Diners and select from either a Festive Set Menu or on some delicious Christmas Special dishes and drinks. The set menu is available without pre-booking and is priced at £24.95 for three courses.
The Festive Set Menu and specials will include an array of dishes that use classic Christmas staples with a Bill’s twist.
- Smoked Salmon with beetroot salad with horseradish cream cheese and beetroot dressing.
- Smoked Chicken Terrine with winter spiced chutney and toasted sourdough.
- Pigs in Blankets Mac and Cheese – Cranberry topped mac and cheese with green leaf salad and cranberry sauce.
- Beef, Bacon and Brie Burger with fig and cranberry sauce, baby gem lettuce, mayonnaise and fries.
Sides will include Pigs in blankets and everyone’s favourite, Brussels sprouts with baby spinach.
- Christmas Sticky Toffee Pudding with custard
- Chocolate Orange Mousse with a crunchy chocolate crumb.
To quench diners thirst, Bill’s have also designed some winter tipples including;
- The Winter Wonderland cocktail with Aperol, fresh orange juice, Prosecco and lemon sorbet.
- Gingerbread White Russian with Wyborowa vodka, Frangelico, gingerbread syrup, milk and cream served with a mini gingerbread man.
Bill’s In Gloucestershire
- Bills Gloucester Quays, 71-72 Llanthony Rd, Gloucester GL1 5SH.
- Bill’s Cheltenham, 70 Regent St, Cheltenham GL50 1HA.
for more information about the Christmas or regular menus visit their website https://bills-website.co.uk/
Message From the Founder of Bills
Of the menu, Bill Collison, Founder of Bill’s, says, “We have created some Christmas treats for you to enjoy over this indulgent time of year! Christmas is such a wonderful excuse to get together with loved ones that you might not have been able to pin down the rest of the year. I love to get a big group of friends and family together and catch up over a delicious meal and some festive drinks. Have a wonderful festive season”.