Following the success of their Big Christmas Feast for the homeless and disadvantaged of Cirencester last December, Will and Calum Thompson of Eat Wild are announcing a new ‘Pay it Forward’ initiative.
The ‘Pay it Forward’ initiative
Customers will be asked if they would like to pay for a meal in advance, to be given to the homeless and disadvantaged of Cirencester. Diners will get 10% off their food bill as a thank you. The ‘Pay it Forward’ meals can be chosen from Eat Wild’s ever changing seasonal menu, with dishes such as Eat Wild’s signature ‘Wild Venison Burger in a Hobbs House Brioche Bun’, ‘New England Style Crayfish Roll’, and ‘Roe Buck Pie’.
The Thompson brothers have chosen to launch this initiative as part of their on-going commitment to engage with, and support the local community. They also hope that the ‘Pay It Forward’ initiative will help to introduce wild meat and game to a wider audience.
Will and Calum say; “We received such positive feedback from those that attended, helped and heard about the Christmas Eve event that we knew we wanted to do more to support those in need within our local community. We feel it’s easy for someone in our position to do something like this which can ultimately have a really positive effect on people. We hope that this initiative will prove to be a great success and inspire others to look at doing something similar. With everyone working together, we can make a big difference.”
Eat Wild Restaurant
Will and Calum Thompson had a vision to bring real food to real people at real prices by harvesting, cooking and retailing sustainably sourced wild meat and game. In 2010 they founded EAT WILD and in 2014 they proudly opened their first Eat Wild restaurant in Cirencester, providing a unique offering in the heart of the Cotswolds. Every dish is made with the finest, wholesome ingredients and all of their meat is of the highest standards and responsibly sourced.
Contact Eat Wild
Website – www.eat-wild.co.uk
Twitter – @eat_wild
Address – 4 Castle Street, Cirencester, GL7 1QA
Phone – 01285 657 399
Some Of The Main Courses For The Eat Wild Menu
- 6OZ WILD VENISON BURGER – served with sliced Beef Tomato, Watercress and Red Onion balanced in a Hobbs House brioche bun.
- WILLY’S VENISON CHILLI FRIES – served with sour cream and home made tortillas.
- PULLED OLD SPOT PORK – with watercress, a good pot of slaw and balanced in a Hobbs House brioche bun.
- EAT WILD’S SIGNATURE BUTTERMILK FRIED FREE-RANGE CHICKEN – served with rosemary salted fried and slaw.
- FRIED HALLOUMI AND AUBERGINE BURGER – squeezed in a Hobbs House brioche bun.
- BUTT’S FARM CHORIZO AND PHEASANT SAUSAGE – with mash and mixed beans.