Gloucester Music Festival is a free annual event that includes high quality classical, jazz, rock and folk music. This comprises of 10 days of world-class music events, in beautiful venues in the city.
This year’s Festival is the fourth and will be the biggest yet. There also will be other events such as musical yoga, lunchtime recitals, buskers, community singing, jazz, rock bands, a Jacques Brel tribute group, opera, Schubert, and much more.
There is a variety of types of music being performed at this festival to suit most tastes including but not limited to;
- Charlotte Newstead & Stefan Hofkes performing a classical song recital ‘Refuge & Exile’.
- latB Ensemble performing a mixed genre evening From Renaissance to Rock.
- Kindertransport Cantata by Stephen Gowland and Euan Tait.
- Classical Concert by the James D’Angelo Trio.
- City of Gloucester Community Choir and Stonehouse Community Choir performing a mixed genre concert.
- Gaudeamus Vocal Consort
- Schubert Winterreise a classical concert by Robert John Edwards (baritone) and Gina Kruger (piano).
- English Songs by Gurney, Howells and Venables.
- A Gala Opera Evening.
- A Jazz Day at Llanthony Priory.
- And Much more…
The full line up can be found at https://www.gloucestermusicfestival.co.uk/full-line-up/
Gloucester Music Festival is hosted by many venues in the city including;
St Mary de Crypt
St John’s Church
The last festival took place from 13th June-23rd June 2019, due to the current world crisis not sure when the next one is scheduled.
Further Information about Gloucester Music Festival
Twitter – https://twitter.com/MusicGloucester
FaceBook – https://www.facebook.com/pg/Glosmusicfest/