Gloucester Music Festival is a free event that includes high quality classical, jazz, rock and folk music. This comprises of 10 days of world-class music events, in beautiful venues in the city. This year’s Festival is the fourth and will be the biggest yet. There also will be other events such as musical yoga, lunchtime …
Places to enjoy listening to classical music in Gloucestershire including in Gloucester, Cheltenham, The Cotswolds and The Forest of Dean. This includes details of choirs, performers and venues as well as performances.
Performances include bands, orchestras, soloists, choirs and other performers playing music in the county.
Popular Classical Music
This genre includes pieces from the following composers and more.
- Beethoven – A German composer and pianist. A crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in classical music, famous for his symphonies.
- Bach – A German composer and musician of the Baroque period, he is known for instrumental compositions such as the Brandenburg Concerto.
- Mozart – Famous for many pieces of music including The Marriage of Figaro and many symphonies or concertos.
- Tchaikovsky – Created the popular 1812 overture and many other timeless pieces.
- Handel – Composer of pieces like the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Messiah.
- Chopin – His major piano works also include mazurkas, waltzes, nocturnes, polonaises, études, impromptus, scherzos, preludes and sonatas.
- Vivaldi – His most famous works being The Four Seasons.
There could hardly be a more appropriate venue than the Ivor Gurney Hall in Gloucester for the concert of English music to be performed there on Saturday 11 th May. Music The Carducci Quartet will play the early (1914) String Quartet in A major of Arthur Bliss (later to become Master of the Queen’s Music), …
A veritable feast of Baroque music in Cheltenham and Cirencester This year sees the third of Cheltenham Bach Choir’s popular Spring Festivals dedicated to the performance of Baroque music. Taking place over the last weekend of March, the programme ranges from an intimate harpsichord recital to a major performance of Bach’s St John Passion. Music …
Bach’s Cello Suites, performed by Tim Lowe is part of the Cheltenham Bach Choir’s 2018 Spring Festival of the Baroque. More info… When? Friday 23rd March 2018, Where? Chapel Arts, Knapp Road, Cheltenham GL50 3QQ Tim Lowe Soloist Tim is widely recognised as an outstanding young British cellist. He has played as a soloist in …
About The Organ Festival Rebuilt by Harrison & Harrison, and opened in 2010, this spectacular instrument will be showcased through a variety of events designed to demonstrate its versatility and importance. Join us as Naji Hakim, one of the world’s leading concert organists, composers and improvisers, opens the 2015 Cirencester International Organ Festival and stay for …