Gloucestershire is a great place for holidays, staycations or weekend breaks. There are many nice places to stay and interesting attractions to visit. The county is ideal for a weekend away or even a week-long summer holiday. There are options to cater for any budget and taste, and some special offer deals.
Where to stay on your break?
- Bed & Breakfast – Including options from Airbnb or Booking.com, ideal for a weekend away with a substantial breakfast to start the day.
- Hotels – From budget rooms to luxury spa residences throughout the county. There are some great boutique hotels in the county and the wider Cotswolds.
- Holiday Homes – Self-catering houses and apartments, ideal for small or large groups including some real luxury options.
- Camping – Holiday under canvas with the family or alone. There are campsites in many areas, including many options in the Forest of Dean.
- Glamping – The new trend in accommodation for staycations, this is a cross between camping and posh holiday home.
Fun on your holidays
Once you have your accommodation sorted, then the real Gloucestershire fun starts.
There are loads of outdoor fun options to take part in the county, thus making it a great place for outdoor people. The small towns of The Cotswolds are great for a bit of walking and sightseeing. Gloucester and Cheltenham are bigger, therefore most suitable for those that enjoy a city break.
The Forest of Dean is exquisite and a great place for a weekend getaway or adventure holiday. The area has some stunning scenery to explore and nice places to stay.