There are a variety of markets in Gloucestershire and The Cotswolds, some are daily others less frequent. Some sell a range of food including locally grown or produced, others specialise in arts & craft or clothing.
Markets & Farm Shops
There is a variety of food and other markets throughout the county including static ones, weekly farmers markets and also Farm shops.
Located in the centre of Gloucester the Eastgate Market has many stalls open daily from Monday to Friday. This one has a good choice of stalls inside;
- Meat – A choice of butchers selling meat and meat products.
- Polish – A polish stall selling many specialities from Poland including bread and cakes.
- Olives – Olives and all things Greek at Athena Olives, they also sell an array of herbs and spices.
- Fish – A few fishmongers sell fresh fish daily including shellfish, seafood and some river fish. I recently noticed some selling trays for £10 including sea bass, a real bargain.
For opening times, a map and more information see the Eastgate Market Website.
Stroud Farmers Market
This takes place every Saturday in the centre of Stroud at Cornhill Market place and adjoining roads. Stroud is an award-winning market and one of the most popular in the UK. Stalls include
- Goulds Cheddar – A west country producer of Cheddar cheese in strengths from mild to extra tasty.
- Salt Bakehouse – Selling a huge range of bread and sourdoughs.
- Tubby Tom’s – A local creator of handmade sauces and seasonings.
- Phoenix Free Range – Speciality eggs from hens thriving in a lush Cotswold meadow.
More information and a full list of stallholders can be found HERE.
Over Farm Shop
Located just outside Gloucester, Over Farm Shop sells a variety of food, most of which is grown or produced in the county. They have a delicatessen, butchers and greengrocers selling quality produce. Over Farm Shop…
The Faddle Fair
Hosted periodically in The Forest of Dean town of Coleford, The Faddle Fair is an Artisan & Craft Market. The Fair host’s producers from handmade goods, art, crafts and local food products. About The Faddle Fair…
Cirencester Farmers Market
The Cirencester Farmers Market is well established celebrated it‘s 20th anniversary back in 2019. The market takes place from 9 am until 2.30 pm on Saturday mornings on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month. Produce for sale includes locally brewed beer, pies, chocolate brownies, game poultry, fruit and vegetables. There are also stalls selling street food including Italian as well as hot drinks.
Victorian Christmas Market
Hosted at Gloucester Quays & Docks, The Victorian Christmas Market is an annual multi-day affair. The event attracts over 150 stalls selling Christmas products, toys, puddings, cider and much more. About…