Local Musicians Including bands and singers performing live music in Gloucestershire. This section includes details of local musicians and bands that we feature as well as our live music guide.
There are many shops for instruments, records and other media in the towns of the county for you to peruse. If you wish to learn to play an instrument or enhance your skills the county is blessed with great tutors.
The key venues in Gloucestershire including those in Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Stroud, The Cotswolds and The Forest of Dean.
- Gloucester Guildhall, a venue in Eastgate street with many options for live gigs.
- Subscription Rooms, Stroud.
- Peppers Gloucester – The cafe is used to host live music including for the blues festivals and the hat festival. Peppers regular hold gigs on alternate Friday evenings where you can enjoy the entertainment with good food and a nice drink.
- Roses Theatre, Tewkesbury
- Cafe Rene in Gloucester host a variety of live gigs in its bar and basement as well as being host to a few festivals in its grounds.
- The Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham is the counties premier theatre for performing arts.
- Cleve Tyth Barn – www.cleeveconcerts.com
Bands, Musicians & Singers
Due to coming across some good local bands, musicians and singers on the @aboutglos twitter I decided to introduce these on a blog post, so here we are.
Featured Bands, Musicians & Singers.
I like to tweet about them using the #musichouruk & #unsignedhour hashtags on Twitter to raise awareness nationally, these are 2 good networking events for new musicians and if you just like to listen are somewhere to listen to something new.
Suggest A Local Musician
If we have not included someone please either CONTACT US or use the comment facility at the bottom of this page.
The Gloucestershire List
Our list so far.
Christina is a singer/songwriter, dancer & performer. @ChrissyOCarroll
Emi McDade Singer-Song Writer
Emi McDade is a singer-songwriter from Gloucestershire. Emi fits into the following music genres Acoustic, pop, folk & singer-songwriter. Emi has recently released her first single, ‘Through My Eyes’ that is available on iTunes.
Hattie is a singer-songwriter in the folk. pop and acoustic genres. She was one of four nominees for BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award 2014. www.hattiebriggs.co.uk
Places to enjoy listening to classical music in Gloucestershire including in Gloucester, Cheltenham, The Cotswolds and The Forest of Dean. This includes details of choirs, performers and venues as well as performances. Performances include bands, orchestras, soloists, choirs and other performers playing music in the county.
Popular Classical Composers
This genre includes pieces from the following composers and more.
- Beethoven – A German composer and pianist. A crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in classical music, famous for his symphonies.
- Bach – A German composer and musician of the Baroque period, he is known for instrumental compositions such as the Brandenburg Concerto.
- Mozart – Famous for many pieces of music including The Marriage of Figaro and many symphonies or concertos.
- Tchaikovsky – Created the popular 1812 overture and many other timeless pieces.
- Handel – Composer of pieces like the Arrival of the Queen of Sheba and Messiah.
- Chopin – His major piano works also include mazurkas, waltzes, nocturnes, polonaises, études, impromptus, scherzos, preludes and sonatas.
- Vivaldi – His most famous works being The Four Seasons.
Local Concerts & Groups
Churchdown Male Voice Choir
Churchdown Male Voice Choir was formed in 1965 in Churchdown, Gloucester. The 70 strong choir takes its members from all over the county. In the last few years, the choir has had the great privilege of appearing with orchestras, choirs, brass and military bands.