Peppers cafe in Gloucester is a recent discovery by me for a tasty organic lunch but has been around for over 5 years. Peppers is off the beaten track in Bull Street a street I have not needed to visit for quite some while it seems but in essence has a very good location.
Peppers provides a good range of home made food. Wherever possible this is locally sourced and / or organic. The emphasis is on sustainability and fair trade: for our producers, suppliers, staff and customers.
My first Visit To Peppers Cafe
The cafe is a great place for an organic lunch as I discovered. I was the most nervous I have been or years meeting a nice out of town girl from social media and needed somewhere to focus my thoughts and get my composure Peppers fitted the bill perfectly, the first date went well and currently meeting again in her town.
Anyway on entry I grabbed a bottle ice cold elder flower cordial, and headed for the counter to be served by some very friendly staff in what seemed like bright and colourful Caribbean hats. I chose a coronation chicken roll, will salad to accompany my drink.
The food was prepared fresh in the cafe and brought to my table in a timely fashion. The cordial was very nice and the sandwich was very nice, the bread roll was soft and nice with lots of coronation filling and nice fresh salad. I would recommend and will be returning to this place in future, can see it being nice using the chair and table outs side in Bull street on a warm summer day.
The menu includes a selection of the following;
- Alcoholic Drinks – including beer from Gloucester Brewery, Priors Tipple Cider, Severn Cider and a selection of wines.
- Baguettes and Sandwiches – a complete range with many local or organic cheese options, chicken, tuna, salmon, prawn, humus, egg, sausage and bacon and many others.
- Cakes – options include flapjack, lemon drizzle cake, tiffin, shortbread or chocolate and banana cake.
- Coffee – Peppers make their own blend of coffee and serve in all the popular formats.
- Cold Drinks – the cafe have the most diverse range of soft drinks in Gloucester 40 different options to choose from so something for everyone.
- Hot food – the cafe regularly serves ratatouille, butternut squash curry, sausage casserole, Caribbean curry and many other seasonal dishes.
- Jacket Potatoes – baked daily the jacket potatoes have a variety of fillings from basic cheese, tuna and mayonnaise, butternut squash curry and many other delights.
- Quiches – all quiches are made by the in house chef using organic free range eggs. Options include quiche Lorraine, sausage & mustard, broccoli & spinach, caramelised onion, goats cheese and pepper and a three cheese & onion option.
- Salad Bar – a salad bar is available for you to make your own preferred salad in a variety of sizes.
- Soup – home made soup of the day is available with organic home made bread, regular soups include split pea & ham, spicy lentil. mushroom soup, potato & leek and carrot & coriander.
The cafe is also used to host live music, and had been a venue for the blue festivals and the hat festival. They regular hold live music events on alternate Friday evenings where you can enjoy the music with good food and nice drink.
Address – 2 Bull Ln, Gloucester GL1 2HG
Phone – 01452 384343