For a bit of fun, I will be making some maps for pub crawls for Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud & Other Gloucestershire Towns.
This idea is not new, when I was a student at Liverpool Uni there was a Liverpool pub crawl. It was available back then in the form of wall posters and t-shirts. It included all pubs in the city centre so was an impossible pub crawl, but most friends marked off venues as they had visited. Liverpool Pub Crawl Example…
The Pub Crawl Concept
I will survey my visitors and social media friends for pub suggestions for each town, ideally recommending their favourite pubs.
After some research, I will put together a printable/downloadable map with each pub in order of walking distance.
The pub crawl maps will be for different abilities
- Beginner – For not big drinkers, featuring 5-6 pubs with a pit stop for food.
- Intermediate – For longer days or people who like a few ales, with optional food recommendations.
- Advanced – Our longest pub crawl, don’t expect to complete this as will include all recommendations in map format, an idea would for you to start partway through the route.
- All pubs – To include all pubs, bars and clubs as a reference so you can aim to visit all pubs in your lifetime or specified time scale.
Always Drink Responsibly, And look out for your friends, Peer pressure can cause harm. https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/
Alternative Pub Crawl Routes
As most people live in the suburbs, I will also be doing maps for people starting in their suburb/village pub and heading towards the town centre, I will also include bus information for longer distances between the pubs on the route.
- GL2 – Suggested pubs for the GL2 area.
Suggesting Pubs Or Pit Stops
If you wish to nominate your favourite pubs and the best pit stops, please email email@example.com with pub crawl mentioned in the message or add a comment below.
Please if possible provide me with a link to the pub’s website or social media pages.
If you manage a pub or restaurant please also email with your details, a picture if possible and ideally your signature drink or menu items.
Any reviews of venues are welcome please:
- Send to above email,
- Comment mentioning @aboutglos on twitter
- Post to our Facebook wall
- Or comment below
Don’t forget to share your photos.