Tasks and pages to build
Check Gloucestershire category and move to appropriate.
Instagram – Complete tips section
Advert test – Test all adverts in site, use incognito.
Dating – Integrate eharmony ads from darwin.
The Cotswolds are classified as an “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” and are a great place for walkers, especially the Cotswold way walk which navigates you the length of the Cotswold hills. About The Cotswolds
Gloucester Cathedral, Also Known As the Cathedral Church of St Peter is based in the centre of Gloucester.
Sports In The County
There are many sporting events in the county including, Gloucester Rugby Club, Cheltenham Horse Racing, Gatcombe Horse Trials and Cheltenham Town FC to name a few. Sports
Gloucester City Centre
Gloucester city centre is composed of 4 main streets meeting at Gloucester cross. Northgate Street, Southgate Street, Eastgate Street, Westgate Street as shown on the mapto the right. Gloucester city centre also has many shops in Kings Walk and Eastgate Shopping Centre.
The Forest Of Dean
The area is characterised by over 110 square kilometres (42.5 sq mi) of mixed woodland, one of the surviving ancient woodlands in England. A large area was reserved for royal hunting before 1066, and remained as the second largest Crown forest in England, the largest being New Forest.
Although the name is often used loosely to refer to that part of Gloucestershire between the Severn and Wye, the Forest of Dean proper has covered a much smaller area since medieval times. In 1327 it was defined to cover only the royal demesne and parts of parishes within the hundred of St Briavels, and after 1668 the Forest comprised the royal demesne only. This area is now within the civil parishes of West Dean, Lydbrook, Cinderford, Ruspidge, and Drybrook. The Forest Of Dean has many places for you to walk, do some off road biking or other adventure activities.
A guide to The Countryside Of Gloucestershire & The Cotswolds
- Details of the Gloucestershire countryside you would like to see.
- Photos of rural Gloucestershire
- Natural history of Gloucester – Birds, Animals, Plants & Trees
- Agriculture of Gloucestershire
- Lakes, Rivers & Other Waterways
In Gloucestershire Guide website aims to be a one stop website for all things Gloucestershire. Included in this website is information about all aspects of county life including ….
Shops and Shopping, Eating Out, Pubs Bars & Night Clubs, Business Directory, Tourist Attractions, Walks, History, Museums & Art Galleries and much more.
Gloucestershire – Is a county in the South West of England. The main towns and cities include Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, Tewkesbury, Cinderford & Lydney.
Gloucestershire is a rural county including three main areas of natural beauty – The Cotswolds, The Royal Forest of Dean and The lower reaches of the River Severn.
- Ghosts In Gloucestershire, A Guide To The Paranormal In Gloucestershire
- Paintball in Gloucestershire
- Plumbers in Gloucestershire
Shops in Tewkesbury
Cotswold Shopping Guide,
Hockey in Gloucestershire – Hockey Clubs Gloucestershire
Running in Gloucestershire – Running Clubs Gloucestershire
Farm Shops Of Gloucestershire & The Cotswolds
Farms & Farming in Gloucestershire
Dairy Farms & Farming in Gloucestershire
Arable Farms & Farming in Gloucestershire
Ski slope matson
Ten Pin Bowling in Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire Cricket Club
Churches in Gloucestershire
Walking On The Waterways Of Gloucestershire – Rivers, Canals & Lakes
Walking In The Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire
Walking & Cycling In The Cotswolds, Including The Famous Cotswold Way
Walks In Cheltenham
Walks Along The River Severn In Gloucestershire and Along The Gloucester-Sharpness Canal & Docks
Canal Walks In Stroud, Gloucestershire – Stroudwater Canal
FOD Pages To Create
The page titles listed below are pages I have removed from the main Forest of Dean guide that need creating in the future. they were a good idea once that’s why an empty page was created but unfinished.
My List Of New Pages For Forest Of Dean Guide
To Request Changes or to email photos or logos email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wildlife Of The Forest Of Dean
- Restaurants In The Forest Of Dean, Where To Eat Out ?
- Must See In The Forest Of Dean
- Maps Of The Forest Of Dean, Forest Of Dean Maps And Guides
Blog Post Titles
- Trees Of The Forest Of Dean, Forest Of Dean Indigenous Trees
- Symonds Yat In The Forest Of Dean, Visit Symonds Yat Rock
- Survival & Camping Weekends In The Forest Of Dean
- Forest Of Dean Sport Clubs & Facilities
- Geography Of The Forest Of Dean
- Wild Plants Of Forest Of Dean, Enjoy Finding Indigenous Plants In The Forest
- Wild Flowers Of The Forest Of Dean, Finding Wild Flowers
- Bullo Pill
- The River Wye And The Wye Valley, In The Forest Of Dean
- Cafes the forest of dean
- Holiday Home Rentals
- Restaurant British
- Restaurant Eastern European
- Restaurant Italian
- Restaurant Portugese
- Restaurant Spanish
- Restaurant Thai
Building & Garden Services
The Wildlife Of Gloucestershire & The Cotswolds
Spot Wild Badgers In The Gloucestershire Countryside
Spotting Wild Bats In Gloucestershire – Find Wild Bats
Wild Birds Of Gloucestershire
Birds Of Prey
Wild Fish of The Waterways of Gloucestershire
See Wild Foxes In Gloucestershire
Plants & Wild Flowers
Spotting Wild Boar
The Barn Own Centre
Company Sections, We have build pages for specific company types since the site was created
Quays & Docks Nightlife – A page dedicated to the night time economy in the dockland area. More info…
Live Music Venues – A list of the better live music venues throughout Gloucestershire. See Venues…
A1 Architecture Ltd – One of our Twitter friends that does drawings for new homes or home extensions. A fully qualified architectural technologist that is based in Hempsted near to Gloucester. Find out about A1’s Architect Drawings
Coming Soon _ToDo
The Gloucestershire news section of @aboutglos is for news worth articles about Gloucestershire, we get many local press releases sent to us and this is the section we put these into.
To add any article to the Gloucestershire news section please email us to discuss at email@example.com.
Gardens & Gardening
Gardens & Gardening section highlights all aspects of gardens and gardening in Gloucestershire, this includes garden centres, garden shops throughout Gloucester, Cheltenham, Stroud, The Cotswolds and The Forest Of Dean.
Also for announcing events or showing photographs of some of the most beautiful gardens in rural Gloucestershire
About The @aboutglos Team & Website Design
My passion is website design and website promotion. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries
Or contact me via one of my work websites
My Blogs For Reference
This is for my reference to help me find all my individual blogs that I sometimes contribute to
- AboutGlos, my blog that compliments my Gloucestershire guide and @aboutglos twitter. https://aboutglos.co.uk
- British-Waterways, my blog covering all my walks along the waterways of the UK. http://www.british-waterways.co.uk/
- Cotswold Blog, for Cotswold news and adventures, also press releases. http://www.aboutthecotswolds.co.uk/
- Web Design Blog, a blog to keep isomerise website design website fresh and to announce new sites and projects. http://www.isomerise.co.uk/
- CRG, computer repairs news, some computer repairs diaries and some quick fix problem resolutions to save silly callouts. http://blog.computer-repairs-gloucester.co.uk/
- Use Your Garden Blog, to keep use your garden website fresh, mainly with garden photos and announcements from my gardening customers. http://blog.useyourgarden.co.uk/
- Website Promotions, brought blog for a laugh as I do come website promotions, will use to promote my services and provide free advice to Gloucester people with some tips on small business promotion. http://www.websitepromotionsltd.co.uk/
- Midland-Derby, was a hotel website I brought still thinking of ideas to use this website. http://www.midland-derby.co.uk/
- Tumblr – http://aboutglos.tumblr.com/
Top Tourist Attractions Gloucestershire
This page will summarise the most popular tourist attractions in Gloucestershire. We will be adding or blogging about any tourist attractions in the future and if you feel your attraction should be on our website please email me details and photos and will add you. Email using our contact form CONTACT @ABOUTGLOS
Other Tourist Information Websites
Coming Soon _ToDo
Coming Soon _ToDo
Attractions On Twitter
Many tourist attractions keep you updated on Twitter we have created a list of all local attractions of interest and the tweets below are their latest news.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/aboutglos/lists/tourist
Towns & Villages Of Gloucestershire
A list of towns and villages in Gloucestershire, the intention is for each place to have its own page but that takes time. Keep an eye out.
Gloucestershire Towns & Villages
- Abbeydale – The biggest shopping outlet next to Heron Way (Abbeydale) has four (formerly five) shops, it has the Morrisons supermarket, Lloyds Pharmacy, Ruby Cantonese and Sue Ryder Care.
- Abbeymead – Most of the Abbeydale area was green fields until around 1971 when the Heron Park estate was constructed by Heron Homesteads.The Heron estate appears to have been designed in accordance with the Radburn model.
- Ampney St Peter
- Bath Somerset
- Bishops Cleeve
- Broadway Worcestershire – Broadway is a village and civil parish in the Worcestershire part of the Cotswolds in England. Often referred to as the “Jewel of the Cotswolds . More info…
- Bullo Pill
- Charlton Abbots
- Charlton Kings
- Cheltenham – Cheltenham, also known as Cheltenham Spa, is a spa town and borough in Gloucestershire, on the edge of the Cotswolds.
- Chipping Campden
- Chipping Norton
- Chipping Sodbury
- Church End
- Church Honeybourne
- Churchdown – Churchdown is a village in Gloucestershire, situated between Gloucester and Cheltenham.Churchdown village is unusual in having two centres. The old centre is near St Andrew’s Church; the new centre is near St John’s Church. Churchdown is a relatively large village, with a population exceeding 11000.Churchdown is located in a semi-rural environment. The local landmark is Churchdown Hill (also known as Chosen Hill), which rises to 154m above sea level and has views over the Vale of Severn and to the Cotswolds, Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Malverns and Wales. More info…
- Cirencester – Cirencester is a market town in east Gloucestershire, England, 93 miles west northwest of London. Cirencester lies on the River Churn, a tributary of the River Thames, and is the largest town in the Cotswold District
- Cold Ashton
- Coln Rogers
- Coombe Hill
- Coopers Edge
- Down Ampney
- Down Hatherley
- Eastleach Martin
- Elmstone Hardwicke
- Frampton Cotterell
- Frampton on Severn
- Gloucester– Gloucester is located on the eastern bank of the River Severn, 114 miles (183 km) west north west of London. It is sheltered by the Cotswolds to the east, while the Forest of Dean and the Malvern Hills rise to the west and north, respectively.Gloucester is a port, linked via the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal which runs from Gloucester’s docks to the Severn Estuary, allowing larger ships to reach the docks than would be possible on the tidal reaches of the river itself. The wharfs, warehouses and the docks themselves fell into disrepair until their renovation in the 1980s. They now form a public open space. Some warehouses now house the National Waterways Museum, others were converted into residential apartments, shops and bars. Additionally, the Soldiers of Museum is located in the Custom House. The port still houses the most inland RNLI lifeboat in the UK. More info…
- Lower Swell
- Meysey Hampton
- Moreton in Marsh
- New Passage
- North Cerney
- North Nibley
- Oakle Street
- Oldbury on the Hill
- Sapperton – Sapperton is a village in the Cotswold District of in England, about 4.5 miles west of Cirencester. It is most famous for Sapperton canal tunnel and its connection with the Cotswold Arts and Crafts Movement in the early 20th century.
- Sea Mills
- Shipton Moyne
- Shirehampton South
- Somerford Keynes
- South Cerney
- St. Briavels
- Staple Hill
- Stoke Gifford
- Temple Guiting
- Upper Oddington
- Upper Slaughter
- Upper Swell
- Upton St Leonards
- Weston Subedge
- Wotton under Edge
- Wyck Rissington
To merge content or create pages
Fish & Chip Restaurants & Takeaways In Gloucester City Centre.
Black and White Restaurant
Address – 4 Longsmith Street, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2HH
London Road Supper Bar
London Road Supper Bar Serving Fish & Chips, Chicken, Pizza, Wraps Kebabs And More. Food Delivered To 3 Miles Of GL1. Minimum Order £10 Delivery usually available from 5pm-10pm.
The Menu – Fish & Chips, Chicken, Pizza, Wraps Kebabs And More Nicest fish & chips delivered to Gloucester Addresses, according to residents of local retirement village (Fussy Oldies). Kebabs not for the connoisseur, Pizzas very reasonable, Small fish and chips more than enough for most.
Phone – 01452 303344
Address – 37 London Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Gl1 3HF
Westgate Fish Bar
Fish and Chips, Take Away and home delivery.
Address – 93 Westgate Street, Gloucester
Advertising, Networking & Promotion
Cheltenham specific information seemed to get lost or blended into our other sites so we have put together this website to feature all things Cheltenham. We get many requests and press releases relating to the town and now they have a dedicated home.
That is not to say our other sites are not good, we often integrate and cross promote things that are especially relevant. This happens a lot on the subject of local Advertising, Networking & Promotion. This page is to bring together the best of our other websites and some unique features to this site only.
Press Releases & Articles
Anyone is welcome to email us press releases, news, articles and events relating to the county and we are likely to put on this site. We will change any content that is not unique to protect us and you from Google Panda which hates duplicate content. We do this by elaboration primarily to expand the information you send and add related info. Email using our contact form CONTACT @ABOUTGLOS
Free Business Adverts
We have created a good local business directory on our #gloshour website with nice simple forms, this process is fully moderated and every addition is checked. If we feel the information required is better located on this website we will move for you, bearing in mind we have all the details you submitted.
A summary of your business alternatively may fit well onto a page on this site linking back to the main advert.
When your advert or article goes live we tweet you with a link, this also happens when you get featured on another page. This makes you aware and also allows you to identify any issues.
We have over the last 5 years built some good local and subject based Twitter profiles that we share interesting and relevant content on our websites including possibly your business advert or articles.
Holiday Homes In The Cotswolds
Pennylands Lodge Cotswolds
Broadway Holiday Home Lakeside House
Fossebridge, Cheltenham Holiday Home
Glen View Cottage Nailsworth
Nailsworth Holiday Home
The Cotswold Engraver
Supply trophies and engraving services through our website as well as welcoming callers to our premises, we can accommodate all of your trophy requirements and engraving needs. Please call us for your free no-obligation quote.
From traditional marble trophies to the latest crystal awards. Engraving services include brass and laminate signs, glass and crystal plus trophy engraving.
The Cotswold Engraver are an independent engraving specialist supplying trophies and engraving services across the Cotswolds and beyond.
Address – 15 The Green Station Road, Moreton in Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0JZ
Website – http://www.aseawards.co.uk
Phone – 01608 650458
Gloucester Quays Outlet Centre
The Quays Outlet Centre opened in May 2009 and is the newest shopping area in Gloucester. Gloucester Quays Outlet Centre is accessible from the cities Historic Docks as well as its own car parking facilities.
Shopping Overview – Glos Quays Outlet Centres primary shops include both mens, ladies and childrens fashion stores, see full list of Quays shops below.
Eating Out At Glos Quays – The Quays also includes a choice of restaurants and coffee shops.
Quays Opening Hours
Weekdays 10am-8pm; Saturday 10am-7pm; Sunday 10am-5pm
Pubs & Bars
Pubs & Bars In Gloucester City Centre
Coffee house and bar that serves pub food. The Westgate pride themselves at being the only LGBT bar in the city.
Phone – 01452 417113
Address – 56 Westgate Street, GL1 2NF
Website – http://www.thewestgateonline.co.uk
Beatrix Potter’s House of the Tailor of Gloucester
This charming shop and museum is open to the public every day where you will be served by enthusiastic and knowledgeable volunteers. The house is the original building used by Beatrix Potter in her wonderful story The Tailor of Gloucester.
Address – 9 College Court, GL1 2NJ
Other Useful Places
- Shire Hall
- Gloucester Crematorium
- Tax Office
- The Land Registry
Geographical Information About Gloucester, The geographical makeup of the city will be defined on this page.
Gloucester is a cathedral city in the south west of England. Located on the River Severn and near the M5 Motorway, it is the main city in the rural county of Gloucestershire.
Gloucester has 2 main shopping areas; “The City Centre” & “The Quays Designer Outlet” near “The Historic Docks”.
Gloucester is historically a Rugby town represented by Gloucester RFC who play at Kingsholm near the city centre.
Visitor Attractions Include: The Historic Docks, Waterways Museum, Gloucester Cathedral, & Much More..
Nightlife In Gloucestershire
There is a choice of night clubs in Gloucester, Cheltenham & Stroud. Depending on the night there is a choice of music to suit your tastes.
All the towns in Glos have a choice of late bars. With a range of music types played. More late bars open at the weekend but some student nights and specialist music nights on weekday evenings.
There are many options for pub crawls in Gloucestershire. Including the villages, if a village has 2 pubs, this constitutes a pub crawl. You could also walk drink in hand to pubs in the next village.
Cinema & Theatre
Cheltenham & Gloucester both have options for cinema and theatre. Cheltenham has the premier“Everyman Theatre”. Gloucester has “The Guildhall” showing specialist cinema.
Snooker, Pool & Bowling
There are many places to play snooker & pool including many pubs and a few specialist Snooker & Pool Clubs. Cheltenham & Gloucester have 10 Pin Bowling Centres.
Enjoying a relaxing meal and drinks in one of the many restaurants of Gloucestershire is a more sophisticated, grown up form of nightlife.
Lots of pubs accommodate local bands. Many live music events are hosted at “The Guildhall” in Gloucester.
Late Night Booze Delivery
After your night out you may be entertaining guests and need drinks or cigarettes delivered. Booze Delivery…
Some pubs & clubs have regular poker evenings.
Popular Night Clubs
Entertainment & Nightlife Types
Entertainer| Magician| Musician – Band| Wine Bar| Bar| Gentlemen’s Club| Social Club| Night Club| Live Music Venue
Night Clubs in Gloucester – Clubbing In Gloucester
Nightlife/Night Club in Gloucestershire, Gloucester, Cheltenham _ToDo
About The Nightlife Of Gloucester
Going Out in Gloucester
Late Bars in Gloucester
Drinking After Midnight In Pubs or Bars
Gloucester Pub Crawl Maps
Night Clubs in Cheltenham – Clubbing In Cheltenham
Nightlife/Night Club in Gloucestershire, Gloucester, Cheltenham _ToDo
About The Nightlife Of Cheltenham
Going Out in Cheltenham
Late Bars in Cheltenham
Drinking After Midnight In Pubs or Bars
Cheltenham Pub Crawl Maps
Nightlife/Night Club in Gloucestershire, Gloucester, Cheltenham
Live Music Venues in Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire Based Bands
Gloucestershires Best Live Musicians
Symonds Yat Rock – Forest Of Dean
Symonds Yat Rock overlooks a spectacular gorge through which the River Wye snakes. This rock is the perfect view point from which to watch raptors. A pair of Peregrine Falcons that nest annually within sight of the rock can be watched through telescopes.
Phone – 01594 833057
Forest of Dean Gifts
Photos and Gifts From the Forest of Dean. Also Personalised Products oasters, Fridge Magnets, Mugs, Colour Change Mugs, Mouse Mats, Place Mats and MUCH MUCH MORE.
— Matt Caldwell (@ForestGifts) June 28, 2013
Address – Forest of Dean Gifts, Hewlett Way, Ruspidge, Cinderford, Gloucestershire, GL14 3AJ
Website – http://www.forestofdeangifts.co.uk
Phone – 01594 823573
Bed & Breakfast In The Forest Of Dean
A B&B is a good option for accommodation if you are visiting the Forest Of Dean, they are reasonably priced, flexible, many are run by an on site owner so you get a personal touch and you are not committed to eat at set times like in many hotels.
The list of bed and breakfast accommodation is being reviewed and more added daily to enable this to become a comprehensive and up to date list for the 2015 holiday season this will also compare the main unique selling points of each to help you choose.
If you want to recommend a B&B or get yours listed Email or tweet us the details.
Tweet – @savethefod
Forest Of Dean Bed & Breakfast Directory
The Rock B&B Coleford
The Rock B&B in Coleford is one of the oldest Bed and Breakfast accommodation providers in the Forest of Dean.
Website – www.stayattherock.com
Address – The Rock B&B, Hillersland , The Forest of Dean, Near Symonds Yat, Coleford, Gloucestershire, GL16 7NY
Telephone – 01594 837893
If you are holidaying or touring the Forest of Dean area with your caravan or camper van the ideal situation is to pitch at a nice caravan site with facilities. There are many and most in outstanding locations throughout the forest and Wye valley.
Forest Of Dean Guide Blog
Our blog has been created to be a guide to all things about the FOD and surrounding area.
We have an active and popular Twitter account @savethefod which actively promotes all events and companies trading in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.
I often explore an photograph the woods and the Wye Valley on one of my many walks as well as using many local services, I will be publishing articles and photographs regularly on this site.
Please bookmark or share this site and watch or get involved in its growth.
Promoting Forest Events
We often get asked to promote events for people and organisations that don’t always have their own website. For all local events we are happy to post on here and regularly promote on social media until the event date.
If you wish to feature an event on this blog please email us at least 350 words and photos if possible using our contact form, also include website, social profile names and contact details and we will happily add to this site and share on our social media channels. CONTACT @ABOUTGLOS
Towns & Villages Of The Forest Of Dean
There are a few small towns and many villages or hamlets in the area known as the Forest Of Dean as well as some notable towns near but not in the forest, there are 2 lists below to help you find out more about each place
Noteable Non FOD Places
- Ross On Wye
Forest Of Dean Settlements
- Coleford – Coleford is a small market town in the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire. Coleford is situated approximately four miles east of the Welsh border and close to the River Wye Valley.
Featured Towns and villages
Drybrook A Village In The Forest Of Dean