This section of our guide is to showcase the best restaurants, in Gloucestershire. This includes all the new places in the quays and docks, small independent restaurants in all the towns and villages locally.
Some restaurants are currently closed during the current COVID-19 restrictions, others are providing a lockdown delivery service.
Best Eateries By Area
- Cheltenham – Culinary options in the foodie town including some artisan and posh venues.
- Gloucester – Best places to eat in the city including in the Quays and Docks.
- Cotswolds – Country pubs and more gourmet options in stunning villages and towns of the area.
- Forest of Dean – Many independent eateries in the area for good local food.
Restaurant By Type
The county has a vast choice of places to enjoy a meal out from local British food to cosmopolitan international cuisine. For those that eat out frequently, The Foodie Card may be of interest to you to save money at some local eateries.
- Veggie – Plant-based food options in the county.
- Indian – Options for eating out at restaurants cooking Southern Asian food.
We have a detailed list of places serving brunch or breakfast during the Cheltenham Festival. Many of these eateries serve delicious food throughout the day typically.
Enjoying a Sunday Roast is a very popular meal out for people and groups, there are loads of options to do this from budget carveries to more exclusive Sunday Roasts.
Featured Gloucestershire Eateries
The Three Choirs Vineyard have a brasserie on site that serves quality local ingredients in an eclectic dining space. The Brasserie is open for lunch or evening meals by reservation only. Meals are often accompanied by their award-winning wines, choose from sparkling, red, white or rose. The Brasserie has a very experienced head chef who is passionate about using seasonal food on the menu.