This section of our guide is to showcase the best restaurants in Gloucestershire. This guide includes all the new options, the quays and docks. It however features small independent restaurants in all the towns and villages locally.
Some restaurants are currently closed during the current COVID-19 restrictions, others are providing a lockdown delivery service.
Best Eateries By Area
- Cheltenham – Culinary options in the foodie town, including some artisan and posh venues.
- Gloucester – Some best rated places to eat in the city, including in the Quays and also the picturesque Docks.
- Cotswolds – Country pubs and more gourmet options in stunning villages and also the smaller towns of the area.
- Forest of Dean – Many independent eateries in the area for good local food. There are also options to dine out in the Wye Valley area.
Restaurant By Type
The county has a vast choice of places to enjoy a meal out from local British food to cosmopolitan international cuisine. For those that eat out frequently, The Foodie Card may interest you to save money at some local eateries.
- Veggie – Plant-based food options in the county.
- Indian – Options for eating out at restaurants cooking Southern Asian food.
We have a detailed list of places serving brunch or breakfast during the Cheltenham Festival. Many of these eateries serve delicious food throughout the day typically.
Enjoying a Sunday Roast is a very popular meal out for people and groups, there are loads of options to do this from budget carveries to more exclusive Sunday Roasts.
Featured Gloucestershire Eateries
Located just off the A38 in Whitminster is The Fromebridge Mill pub & Eatery. The Fromebridge Mill is in a beautiful countryside setting, with the River Frome running past. The pub has a beer garden enabling you to enjoy the views with a pint or a meal out.
The Menu at the Frombridge Mill has cuisine to suit most tastes from steaks to fish risottos. Their menu also includes options for vegans or vegetarians including a mushroom & ale pie.
The Three Choirs Vineyard have a brasserie on site that serves quality local ingredients in an eclectic dining space. The Brasserie is open for lunch or evening meals by reservation only. Diners can enjoy meals paired with their award-winning wines, choose from sparkling options, red, white or rose. The Brasserie has a very experienced head chef who is passionate about using seasonal food on the menu.