Welcome to the @aboutglos Gloucestershire guide, our guide to all the nice things to do in the county our website aims to be a one stop resource for all things Gloucestershire. Included in this website is information about all aspects of life in the county including ….
- Gloucester – Guide to the counties main city.
- Cheltenham – About the spa town and what to see or do.
- Shopping – Retail options in the county, where is best to buy?
- Restaurants – Directory of local places to eat out.
- Pubs – Places to go for a drink in the county to suit all lifestyles.
- Directory – A free directory for all Gloucestershire based business.
- Tourist Attractions – Popular places to visit, see or do.
- Tetbury Police Museum & Courtroom Tetbury Police Museum & Courtroom is dedicated to the history of the Gloucestershire Constabulary and includes exhibits and memorabilia. The Museum is one of the main attractions for all ages of visitors to Tetbury and is well worth a visit if you enjoy history. Located on Long Street and includes the Alex Nichols Collection of Handcuffs and ...
- Holiday Homes In The Forest Of Dean A holiday home rental is a great and flexible way to stay for your visit to the Forest of Dean. Cottages can be rented for weeks, weekends and even longer if required. There are options for group sizes from a cosy 2 person cottage up to a large 10-12 person home for big groups. Holiday Homes Forest ...
- Ross on Wye Canoe Hire Enjoy a full-day canoe trip on the river Wye. Starting from Ross on Wye heading down stream to Symonds Yat.
- Robinswood Hill Walking around the hill can take many routes, depending on your choice, you will see magnificent views.
- The International Centre for Birds of Prey A great family day out to see eagles, falcons and owls.
What’s Special About Gloucestershire ?
Gloucestershire is a county in the South West of England. It is a rural county including three main areas of natural beauty. The main countryside area of the county includes.
- The Cotswold Hills
- The Severn Valley
- The Forest Of Dean
This blog replaces all current blogs now my desired website name has become available www.aboutglos.co.uk. You wouldn’t believe it has been owned by someone doing nothing, then not renewed, after waiting patiently for 90 days hoping it is not renewed I finally got it registered.
@aboutglos is now this middle man for all my Gloucestershire guides and social media profiles, the guides will stay the same but all news, events and articles will be located here and relevant articles will be displayed dynamically on the relevant guide or guides depending on relevancy.
Websites related to aboutglos and their purpose.
Gloucestershire Shops and Shopping, Eating Out, Pubs Bars & Night Clubs, Business Directory, Tourist Attractions, Walks, History, Museums & Art Galleries and much more.
Gloucestershire hour which is a weekly networking event on social media. This site also has a free advert directory for the counties companies, you can add using the form on the website. These adverts will be cross promoted on our other sites where appropriate.
The pages below are the most popular on our sites currently.
- Gloucestershire Festival of Polo 8th–9th June 2019 The Beaufort Polo Club in Westonbirt, Gloucestershire meet again on 8/9th June 2019 a yearly celebration of the oldest sport in the world polo. The two-day spectacle, held at the Beaufort Polo Club, includes impressive top class polo, a tented shopping village plus arena attractions and a traditional funfair. Whether you’re a fan of the ...
- Special offer Sunday roast at The Bear Enjoy a traditional Sunday lunch, main courses include roast Pork, lamb or beef.
- National Birds of Prey Centre Newent The International Centre for Birds of Prey, formerly the National Bird of Prey Centre, in Newent houses a large collection of birds of prey with over 60 species of owls, eagles and hawks. The International Centre for Birds of Prey, formerly the National Birds of Prey Centre, in Gloucestershire houses a large collection of birds of ...