The Royal George Hotel has some spectacular views of the Cotswolds and Gloucestershire countryside, thus is a great base to explore the AONB.
The Royal George Hotel
Enjoy some delicious bar snacks and lighter bites and real cask ales in the traditional bar. Daily “Specials” available. In the warmer months you can dine outside on the patio and terrace and enjoy the beautiful countryside. The Hotel is located near to both Cheltenham and Gloucester, in the stunning Gloucestershire village of Birdlip via the A46, A417 or the M5 Junction 11a with easy access to the county.
Built around an original 17th century Cotswold stone building, combining all the friendliness of a traditional country hotel matched by friendly customer service, The Hotel is set on 27 acres of grounds on the Cotswold hills with views of Gloucester and Cheltenham and its neighbouring villages below.
The Royal George Hotel is a handsome coaching inn situated on The Cotswold Way making it an ideal retreat at any time of year – popular with walkers and cyclists. Large car park.
Pick of the Menu
These menu items caught my eye to eat on a future visit, so get a mention.
- Sea Bass & Scallop Risotto – Two grilled sea bass fillets and pan-fried scallops, served on a creamy prawn & pea risotto, topped with fresh watercress.
- Mixed Grill – Rump steak, gammon steak, pork & sage sausage, black pudding, onion ring, chips, peas, grilled thyme tomato half and a fried egg.
- Wagyu Burger – With burger sauce, topped with mature Cheddar and smoked streaky bacon and served with spicy kimchi ketchup.
- Vegan Mushroom & Ale Pie – With your choice of roast baby potatoes or chips, peas or mushy peas and vegan gravy.
- Ploughmans – Cornish hand-crimped pork pie wedge, honey-roast ham, a wedge of Stilton and Irish Cheddar, with a pickled onion, a whole Red Delicious apple, brown bloomer bread and butter, caramelised red onion chutney and celery sticks.
Address – The Royal George Birdlip, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL4 8JH
Phone – 01452 862506